If you want to learn how to build skills for Amazon Alexa and you're new to programming - this course was created especially for you. By the end of this course, you'll be able to create custom skills for Amazon Alexa - from scratch - even if you've never written a line of code in your life. Guaranteed!
There are a lot of great courses and tutorials available for learning how to build Alexa skills. But, most of them require some programming experience. This course is different - you won't need any prior experience other than some basic computer skills.
This course is made up of a collection of short videos - all of them are under 10-minutes but most are around 5-minutes. So, you can learn in small chunks, when you have the time. Of course, if you prefer, you can work through the entire course at once. That would take you about 2-3 hours.
The goal of this course
The goal of this course is to help you create your fist Alexa skill and to get you started programming. Learning how to build skills for Amazon Alexa can be a fun and engaging way to start learning how to code; as a hobby, or as the start to a new career.
In this course, you will learn ...
- how Alexa works from a high-level technical perspective
- what the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) and the Alexa Voice service (AVS) are
- how Alexa processes and responds to requests
- how to setup skills in the Amazon Developer Portal
- about intents and slots
- how to setup skill services using AWS Lambda
- how to understand, modify, and use skill templates (aka: blueprints)
- about NPM modules and the Alexa Skills Kit SDK
- different ways to test skills during development
- how to create a custom skill from scratch
- how to go beyond this course to get more experience
What you need to get started
All you'll need for this course is a computer with a Web browser and Internet access. You don't even need an Amazon Echo (although it's nice to have one). And, it doesn't matter if you prefer a Mac, Windows, or Linux - whichever you're most comfortable with will work perfectly.